Monday, December 28, 2009
Designs for an imaginary snowboard company, Flaming Peppers, for 2D. I hate pepper-themes.
It was also a color study. Hence the two colors.
I actually didn't like my original design [the red one], so I did two completely [COMPLETELY] different designs, but my class took a look at all 3 and liked this one the best... Which shocked me and kinda made me sad, but I continued with this design to see what happened. Voila.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Forgive the poor documentation: I just wanted to finally get it over with!!
A 2D project from way back... Accordion book of collages. I won't get into specifics.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
All of these images are really huge if you click on them: I have them print-ready.
What I did was leave the lens of my camera open for about 10-15 seconds, turn off all the lights so the room was pitch black, then shine a flashlight on my own face as I moved around the room. It was a fun process; not the most incredible photos, but I had fun taking them.
I have A LOT of work to catch up on posting, including an enormous 12-image project from my 2D class a couple weeks ago. So you have that to look forward to. Or not look forward to. Whatever.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
So this is THE MCAD Drawing 2 assignment. They project a master drawing on the screen, blurry, and bring it into focus as you go on with the drawing, at which point you discover the projection is upside down, and then you realize it's the Raft of Medusa, and then you look at your drawing and you are filled with grief.
[Note: My image is a flipped version of the actual image because I was looking at it on a slide project. And upside down. And blurry. But it was fun!]
Monday, October 5, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
[NOTE: Full pixels are really huge because these are ready to print]
Another big 2D project. This is my favorite class this semester because we do the most work in it.
I probably shoulda/coulda/woulda spent more time on this, but I wanted to plow through and get a lot done today, so here it is. Step 1 of the assignment was to gather photos on a certain theme from a short list of potential objects given to us (I chose toys which I developed more specifically into Barbies). Step 2 was to trace the objects and scan the 3 best tracings into the computer. Step 4 was to trace those tracings in Illustrator.
Then, the final step was to create 4 images using those tracings based on four words given to us in class, which went thus:
Image 1: Tension
Image 2: Isolation
Image 3: Force
Image 4: Distraction
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Saturday, September 12, 2009
This painting is 2x3', on cardboard. I hate the way it looks in a photo simply because the photo cannot capture how much I love the way it is in real life.
Based on a texture I found on a decayed wall; just like all of this work.